Monday 24 September 2012

The Emmy's

This years Emmy's came up without me even knowing, usually I'm waiting for the fashion but this year I didn't even realise. After frantically trawling through the red carpet style, I found that I'm kind of glad that I wasn't in anticipation for it, this year was a bit of a let down. Mostly the red carpet was filled with block colour dresses with not many patterns and really, a bit boring.

Usually I am a huge fan of Julie Bowen, she has such a great sense of style on the red carpet and while she did impress this year, I found the fabric of her dress a little year 6 graduationy.  Minus the taffeta look fabric, the gown colour, accessories and makeup combine to make a great outfit. 





Giuliana Rancic on the other hand really impressed, although her gown colour was a boring black, the structure and cut was perfect for her body.  Giuliana has always been a celebrity I have zoomed past when looking in the fashion styles sometimes I really like her outfits and other's I think huh? Her strappy heels are a genuine love and I am desperate to get myself a pair! Not to mention her amazing engagement ring!!



I have never been a fan of Heidi Klum, there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and I think Heidi toes that line often. She and Giselle Bundchen have that same air of confidence and they just don't warm to me. Maybe that's why this dress sparked my eye - I'm am a little old fashioned in the way that you don't show off too much skin, especially at prestige functions like the Emmy's.  For me, Heidi is showing way too much skin. I am a big fan of the rule, boobs or legs, not both. 




Here are a couple of gowns that caught my eye. 


Not a big fan of the raw edges but the style and colour are a love.

Great dress for her age, very sophisticated and pretty. 

Safe but pretty dress. This dress reminds me of the dress Michelle Williams wore in 2006 to the Oscars. Very dainty, it would have been great to see a pop of colour on the neck. 

What did you think of the 2012 Emmy's?

xbx

No comments:

Post a Comment